Corner Ad is a minimally invasive advertising display that uses any of your webpage's top corners - a position typically under-utilized by develo
Corner Ad features:
» Minimally invasive » Display the ad at top corner area of the page » The animation in the Corner Ad captures the user's attention » It is possible to associate an image and an URL to the Corner Ad » The target of the link can be selected » Configurable background color for the ad to match the web page design » Automatic mirror effect » Configurable time for automatic open and close actions
Corner Ad is a minimally invasive advertising display that uses any of your webpage's top corners - a position typically under-utilized by developers - and attracts users' attention by a cool visual effect imitating a page flip. Corner Ad initially displays a partial ad, which attracts attention; when user hover the mouse over it, the ad opens to its full size while imitating a page-flip effect; once the mouse is moved away, the ad returns to its initial size.
Corner Ad can also be used for announcements, newsflashes, and basically for anything else that you consider important and want your website visitors to see. It is common nowadays that visitors quickly scan the contents of a page and often fail to notice messages that you would like them to see; Corner Ad attempts to resolve this issue.
More about the Main Features:
- Minimally invasive.
- Display the ad at top corner area of the page.
- The target of the link can be selected, so it can open the new page in the same browser's window or into a new window.
- Configurable background color for the ad to match the web page design.
- Automatic mirror effect
- Configurable time for automatic open and close actions.
- The corner ad effect is made using Flash.
The base plugin, available for free from the WordPress Plugin Directory has all the features you need to create an audio and video player on your website.
- Supports multiple ads into the same website (each ad in a different page) to promote different products.
- Allows the selection of which top corner area of the page (right or left) will be used to display the ad to avoid overwriting important elements like logos, menus or search features.
- Count the number of click for Ads. The number of clicks on the ads, measures the impact of advertising on the web site's users.
- Allows to associate multiple images to the same ad. The ad image is selected randomly each time is loaded the page containing the Corner Ad.
- Allows to associate a audio file to the advertising obtaining a bigger impact. The audio file will play in background.
- Allows to enter multiple ids in the shortcode, separated by comme, for example: [corner-ad id="1,2,3"], to select randomly the ad to include in the webpage.
The "Corner Ad" is the perfect replacement of the old and invasive banners, the "Corner Ad" is small but its location and animation is able to capture the user's attention.
Demo of Premium Version of Plugin
Requirements: The browser must support Flash.
If you want more information about this plugin or another one don't doubt to visit my website:
Q: Why the image does not cover the entire corner?
A: The Corner Ad has square form, so it is recommended to use proportional images.
Q: Is supported the plugin "Corner Ad" on mobiles?
A: Yes it is. From the version 1.0.5, the "Corner Ad" plugin was re-implemented, to replace Flash, as the base technology, by SVG, that is supported natively by the most popular browsers, even its mobile versions.
- First version released.
- Improves the plugin documentation.
- Increase the z-index assigned to the corner ad, to solve an issue with the headers in some themes.
- Allows the use of new versions of jQuery framework, include with the latest updates of WordPress.
- Crop the images used in the corner ad in square size.
- Reimplementation of the Corner Ad. The new version uses SVG to extend the support to the mobiles devices.
- Loads the Corner Ad directly, and not through jQuery, to prevent an issue on web pages, where jQuery is loaded directly from a CDN server, and not from the website.
- Modifies the z-index assigned to the Corner Ad.
- Modifies the styles assigned to the Corner Ad.
- Allows to select a different image for the shrunken status of the corner ad.
- Modifies the Ad animation, loading better the big image.
- Calls the esc_html function of WordPress for fixing a vulnerability with the name of the "Corner Ad" (Thanks to www.exploit-db.com for identifying the vulnerability and warn us)
- Improves the access to the help.
- Includes a predefined language file.
- Includes some changes in the dialog to insert the shortcode.
- Improves the access to the plugin page.
- Modifies the module for accessing the WordPress reviews section.
- Fixes an issue in the promote banner.
- Fixes some minor issues.
- Includes the integration with Gutenberg, the editor that will be distributed with the next versions of WordPress.
- Improves the integration with the Gutenberg editor.
To install Corner Ad, follow these steps:
- Download the plugin (zip file).
- Go to the WordPress Plugins menu in the dashboard area.
- Press the "Add New" button.
- Click the "Upload" link and select the downloaded plugin.
- Once installed click "Activate" to enable it.
Corner Ad Preview
Create a New Ad
Setting Page with the List of Ads
Corner Ad Insertion Interface
Shortcode of Corner Ad with the Corresponding ID