Adds credits to the media uploads: Source and source URL. URLs are nofollow by default.
This plugin adds credits to the media uploads: Source and source URL. URLs are nofollow (no follow) by default, but you have the option to follow them. With a shortcode and various options to display image credits in the posts.
The three display options of the credits are:
- Shortcode: [image-credit] with optional attributes are
- Template Tag:
the_image_credits()with optional parameters are
- Display the credits automatically before or after the content.
There is a setting page in SETTINGS / IMAGE CREDITS that allows to setup the automatic credit display, including the HTML definitions.
This plugin is a fork of the Better Image Credits plugin by Claude Vedovini, which is a fork of the Image Credits plugin by Adam Capriola. This plugin is 100% compatible with both of them, so if you are already using the Image Credit plugin or the Better Image Credit plugin, just replace them with this one and it will work about the same way, including the nofollow of the Source URL of the images.
What can I do with this plugin?
This plugin adds the Source Name, Source URL and the option to follow the Source URL link to the media uploaded in WordPress. And this image credits can be displayed in three different forms.
How do I configure the plugin?
Please navigate to SETTINGS / IMAGE CREDITS and choose options or fill in the data. Everything is self-explaining, incluiding help texts.
IMAGE CREDITS NOFOLLOW in your Language!
This first release is avaliable in English and Spanish (image-credits-nofollow-es_ES). In the languages folder we have included the necessary files to translate this plugin.
Other available languages:
- Turkish translation by Burak Demir (image-credits-nofollow-tr_TR).
If you would like the plugin in your language and you're good at translating, please drop us a line at Contact us.
You can access the description of the plugin in Spanish at: Image Credits Nofollow en castellano.
What is IMAGE CREDITS NOFOLLOW good for?
- This plugin adds the Source Name, Source URL and the option to follow the Source URL link to the media uploaded in WordPress.
- The three display options of the credits are: Shortcode, Template Tag or let the plugin display the credits automatically before or after the content.
Does IMAGE CREDITS NOFOLLOW make changes to the database?
The plugin doesn't make any changes to the database, but it adds new META-DATA for the MEDIA you edit. Every time you add a Source Name, Source URL and the option to follow the Source URL, this is added as metadata to the database.
How can I check out if the plugin works for me?
Install and activate. Go to the MEDIA library and edit any image. There should be new fields to introduce: Source Name, Source URL and the option to follow the Source URL link.
How can I remove IMAGE CREDITS NOFOLLOW?
You can simply activate, deactivate or delete it in your plugin management section.
Are there any known incompatibilities?
Please use it with WordPress MultiSite at your own risk, as it has not been tested.
Does it work with image galleries?
Unfortunately it doesn't work with image galleries. Only with media inserted in posts / pages and the thumbnails.
Are you planning to make it work with image galleries?
We normally don't use image galleries, so maybe in the future we develop this function, but it's not one of our priorities. Sorry :-).
Do you make use of IMAGE CREDITS NOFOLLOW yourself?
Of course we do. 😉
- Update to also show images in galleries. Thanks to Ivan de la Jara.
- Update to show image credits also on pages when option is checked in configuration. Until now the image credits were only shown on posts.
- Update to not show image credits in posts excerpts. Now the image credits are only shown on single pages when selected show before or after text.
- First stable release.
- Beta release.
- Upload the
image-credits-nofollowfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory (or to the directory where your WordPress plugins are located)
- Activate the IMAGE CREDITS NOFOLLOW plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Plugin doesn't need any configuration.
Please use with WordPress MultiSite at your own risk, as it has not been tested.
Image Credits Nofollow example of nofollow credit image
Image Credits Nofollow example of dofollow credit image
Image Credits Nofollow configuration