Include the well known WP Audio Player (with basic HTML5 fallback) with numerous options with shortcode.
Simple Audio Player is a highly configurable and lightweight audio player. Numerous options can very easily alter the player appearance.
- Customisable flash media player with a browser HTML 5 fallback.
- Alter the player appearance by way of color or size.
- JavascSript will only load on pages where the player is required.
- Standard audio player controls.
- Usage is via extremely simple shortcode.
- Full list of features on our website.
Simple Audio Player is in very early development. We'll build upon it over time to ensure that it has all and more of the features of the (now retired) original plugin from which it is was loosely based. Initially built as a lightweight option for Internoetics.
Future versions will add more features and functionality.
What will the plugin do?
The plugin is in very early stages. It will render a highly customisable media player on your WordPress website (with default browser player fallback).
I can't see shortcode in my WordPress sidebar. What should I do?
See our support website at Internoetics for a fix.
What are the plans for the future?
We plan on developing a huge number of options. They include:
- ID3 Integration.
- Administration area.
- More robust HTML5 fallback.
Can I play multiple tracks?
Yes, you can play multiple tracks or loop the same audio over and over.
Can I customise the title on the player background?
Yes, the title of each song is required if you want it to display (We'll add ID3 information in the next true release that'll do this for you). If no information is provided we'll render the name of your website inside the media player.
How much of the player is customisable?
You can customise virtually every component of the player by defining it in the shortcode. You can also define the width of the player (100% by default).
Where can I go for more information?
View the complete FAQs and other Simple Audio Player information here.
- Corrects a time display issues that some users encountered.
- Initial Release. Basic features only.
To install the plugin manually:
- Extract the contents of the archive (zip file)
- Upload the audio-player folder to your '/wp-content/plugins' folder
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins section in your WordPress admin panel.
Upload via the WordPress administration panel:
- Click on "Plugins" in the left panel, then click on "Add new".
- You should now see the Install Plugins page. Click on "Upload".
- Click on Browse and select your simple-audio-player.zip" file.
- Click on "Install now", activate it and you're done!
Three players on a page.