Allows internal CSS styling to be included in the content of the page.
Use the [bw_css] shortcode to add custom CSS as and when you need it.
For designers, developers and documentors [bw_css] supports echoing of the custom CSS, allowing you to document the CSS you are using. For readability, the CSS is processed using the Generic Syntax Highlighter (GeSHi) processing.
Implemented as a lazy smart shortcode this code is dependent upon the oik base plugin.
Use the [bw_autop] shortcode to disable or re-enable WordPress's wpautop() logic.
Use the experimental [bw_background] shortcode to display an attached image in the background.
What is the syntax?
[bw_css] your CSS goes here [/bw_css]
Note: The ending shortcode tag [/bw_css] is required
How do I get the GeSHi output?
[bw_css .] your CSS goes here[/bw_css]
[bw_css text="Annotation to the CSS that will follow"] your CSS goes here[/bw_css]
How do I get GeSHi output for other languages?
Use the [bw_geshi] shortcode. e.g. [bw_geshi html]<h3>[bw_css], [bw_geshi] & [bw_background]</h3><p>Cool, lazy smart shortcodes from oik-plugins.</p> [/bw_geshi]
Supported languages are:
If you want to display syntax highlighted CSS without affecting the current display use [bw_geshi css]
What version of GeSHi does oik-css use?
oik-css delivers a subset of GeSHi version 188.8.131.52, which was released in May 2017, with modifications to support PHP 7.2
Only a small selection of the languages are supported by oik-css. These are the languages primarily used by WordPress.
Note: oik-css will only load the GeSHi code if it is not already loaded.
- Changed: Disable GeSHi's keyword linking [github bobbingwide oik-css issues 8]
- Changed: Update GeSHi to 184.108.40.206 - May 2017 and change to support PHP 7.2 [github bobbingwide oik-css issues 5]
- Changed; 100% translatble and localizable on WordPress.org [github bobbingwide oik-css issue 6]
- Fixed: Test bw_better_autop with WordPress 4.7 [github bobbingwide oik-css issues 3]
- Fixed: [bw_geshi] - do not eliminate p and br tags when lang=html or html5 [github bobbingwide oik-css issues 7]
- Tested: With PHP 7.2
- Tested: With WordPress 4.9.1 and WordPress Multisite
- Added: Added lang=mysql for [bw_geshi] shortcode [github bobbingwide oik-css issue 1]
- Changed: Supports PHP 7.0 [github bobbingwide oik-css issue 2]
- Tested: With WordPress 4.5-RC1
- Tested: With WordPress 4.4
- Changed: Now dependent upon oik v2.5.
- Changed: Updated oik-activation in line with oik
- Added: Add support for [bw_geshi none]
- Changed: Update bw_better_autop() to work with the bw_css_options[bw_autop] option setting
- Changed: [bw_background] shortcode default selector set to 'body'
- Tested: With WordPress 4.3
- Added: oik-CSS section for oik options > Overview to control Automatic paragraph creation
- Changed: Responds to "oik_loaded" action to invoke the first part of 'better automatic paragraph creation'
- Changed: Responds to "oik_admin_menu" action
- Changed: Responds to "oik_menu_box" action to display the new section
- Changed: Now dependent upon oik v2.3
- Changed: Styled CSS now wrapped in a div with class bw_css
- Changed: Styled GeSHi now wrapped in a div with classes bw_geshi and the selected language
- Added: In response to the 'oik_add_shortcodes' action hook the default processing is to disable wpautop() processing.
- Added: You can partially re-enable wpautop() processing using the [bw_autop true] shortcode.
- Added: [bw_autop] shortcode - experimental
- Added: [bw_background] shortcode - experimental
- Changed: Then you can turn it off again later [bw_autop false]
- Fixed: Updated bw_remove_unwanted_tags() to cater for ampersands
- Fixed: So that [bw_geshi] works with NextGen gallery installed
- Tested: With WordPress 3.9-beta3
- Changed: Dependency logic, now dependent upon oik v2.1
- Tested: With WordPress 3.8
- Changed: Added support for media=print in addition to media=screen
- Changed: bw_remove_unwanted_tags() now handles the HTML versions of Left single quotation mark and Right single quotation mark.
- Changed: Replace wpautop() by bw_wpautop(), run after shortcode expansion and remove shortcode_unautop(), no longer necessary
- Added: bw_wpautop() implement 'the_content' filter using wpautop() without converting newlines to br tags
- Added: Help, syntax help and example for [bw_geshi]
- Added: [bw_css] shortcode
- Upload the contents of the oik-css plugin to the `/wp-content/plugins/oik-css' directory
- Activate the oik-css plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Use the [bw_css] shortcode inside your content