Version : 1.2.1 A simple and clean plugin that allow users to add facebook author meta (i.e. Author By info in facebook news feeds.) in their websit
This is a simple plugin that allows you to set author name that appears on facebook news feeds, when someone shares on facebook. See screenshots and live demo.
Now you can set author's facebook profile link as author name for posts in news feeds. SEE LIVE DEMO and SCREENSHOTS
How it Works!
- To enable this setting goto Profile >> Facebook Profile Link (Facebook Author Meta) and enter the full url of facebook profile. This option sets the profile link as author's name for single post/pages.
- For non-single pages like categories, date archives, tags, hompage etc Goto Settings >> Facebook Author Meta and fill the last field with the fb profile link.
If you have multiple auhtor's then each author must fill, the field in their profile with facebook profile link. .e.g. https://www.facebook.com/username.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me, Thanks.
How To Use:
- Please Read Carefully
- By default this plugin automatically sets the author name for all post/pages etc. i.e. for all single post/pages.
- This plugin gets the author name of each post/page etc. and set it as a autor name for facebook meta.
- Note: Default value is your public name i.e name you set in your profile => [Display name publicly as].
- You can set your own custom author name for all post/pages here Settings >> Facebook Author Meta.
- By default this plugin does not automatically sets author name for archives, category, tags, hompage, date archives etc. You can set your custom author name for all these pages in settings page of this plugin.
- If you want to set same author name for whole website/blog goto Settings >> Facebook Author Meta and fill both the fields with same author name.
- It is useful for personal blogs or if you want to set your brand name as author name
Feel Free to Ask Quetions
- If you have any questions or need help, don't hesitate __ Ask your questions on support page
No questions yet
- tested for latest version of wp
- minor changes
- [article:author meta not echoed when fb field is field]-->fixed
- old users must read instructions before updating
- bit change in structure(for fb profile link)
- removed unnecessary code
- configured for multi-author sites when using Facebook Profile Link as author name
- added option to set facebook profile link as author of posts
- basic release
- Upload the Facebook Author Meta plugin to your blog, Activate it, and you're done!
- Goto Settings >> Facebook Author Meta to configure.