Gives you the resources to make select field with redirecting options to a given URLs.
Do you need a way to give your visitors the option to navigate easily from your site other sites (multisite)? This plugin will give you the option to configure a small select/dropdown field with fully configurable options and values (urls).
You can choose by three options:
manually configure the number of the options from the dropdown element - pick up a name of your option and the relevant url where the user will be redirected after choosing it;
get a automatically list of all sites from WordPress Multisite network - this one picks the names of all your sites that are in the multisite network and adds them to the select element;
get the same list as previous one but only with the site where the current logged in user is registered;
You can manage:
- Your label for the name of the select option or leave it without label
- Your first select option ('Select branch', 'Select country', 'Choose Side')
- Sorting of your custom list (alphabetic sorting + reverse sorting (your last entries will become first in the dropdown))
Once you have saved your settings you can see the result using this shortcode [dms] or use the widget.
[dms] - Using this shortcode will generate the same dropdown as the one you have configured in the admin settings panel.
[dms_manual name="" placeholder="" target="" options=""] - Use this one your own dropdown that has nothing to do with the settings you have set. The arguments of this shortcode are: * name - the label of the select option (leave empty for no label) * placeholder - the first option that is showen in the select menu (like: "-- Select --") * target - could be "default" or "blank". This is the target of the link - "blank" is to be open in new window * options - name-link pairs, should be placed as : "name1|url1, name2|url2, name3|url3"
An example: [dms_manual name="Label" placeholder="--Select--" target="blank" options="Trusted search engine|http://duckduckgo.com, Tracking search engine|http://google.bg"]
If you would more functionality, please contact me to check if I can implemente it. Also thanks to everyone giving me hints how to improve this plug-in.
- fixed bug with redirect on target blank when option without value is selected.
- fixed issue with WordPress repository and the last commit
- fixed issue with including a php files and trailing slashes for XAMPP and may be some windows server systems
- Implementing better security
- Folder restructuring
- Code refactoring
- Added some sorting options for the custom list of options
- Small refactoring and security
- The "Add more" button was removed and option to add new row after each row was added
- CSS & JS tweaks in the admin side
- Fix Deprecated function wp_get_sites
- Fix Widget without save button (now plugins like Dynamic Widgets should work)
- Added shortcode with attributes
- Fix with some svn issues
- Fix: some php Notice messages were fixed
- Added: option to choose the name of your first option from the select field (thanks for the idea @Ruth Maude)
- Removed: the requirement for label name. Now you can build select option only with the selects' element (Option name and url) without label.
- Fix: Opps, the previous one didn't worked as expected 🙁 Hope this one fix the problem
- Fix: issues when updating from 0.1 to any higher version (thanks for reporting @jfullerton)
- Fixed: not working if on the page there are two ore more select fields (thanks for reporting @Steve Borsch)
- Widget option added
- added option for automatically generated option's list of all sites connected in the current WordPress Multisite Network
- added option for automatically generated option's list of all sites connected in the current WMN where the logged in user is registered.
- fix problem with loading the js before the jquery
- code refactoring
- Start : )
From your WordPress dashboard
- Visit 'Plugins > Add New'
- Search for 'Dropdown Multisite Selector'
- Activate Dropdown Multisite Selector from your Plugins page. To start building your dropdown go to Settings -> Dropdown multisite.
- Download 'Dropdown Multisite Selector'.
- Upload the 'dropdown-multisite-selector' directory to your '/wp-content/plugins/' directory, using your favorite method (ftp, sftp, scp, etc...)
- Activate it from your Plugins' page.
The admin part(from version 0.3)
- The front end - widget area + shortcode in post(from version 0.3)
- The front end - widget area + shortcode in post(from version 0.3)" alt="Screenshot 1">