Try any plugin/theme on a sandbox for FREE. No more messing around with your installation.
Addendio provides an alternative solution for finding plugins and themes. Super fast search and smart filters (installs, ratings, language, etc). Found something interesting? Just try in on an Addendio Sandbox for FREE. No more messing around with your installation.
Easily try any plugin / theme on a FREE sandbox. You can test them right away. Do not risk your installation!
With Addendio you can use our smart filters to refine the results of your search.
Addendio searches instantly based on Title, Description, Tags and Author.
This shows you how popular a plugin is. Popularity doesn't always means the best in town, but it provides an indication of the install base for the plugin you are looking at.
This is based on the rating given to the plugin/theme.
This is a very useful feature for non-english speakers. You can now easily select all the plugins that have a translation for the language of your choice!
A major issue for some plugins is the latest update date. In November 2015 we counted 22,000 plugins that hadn't been updated for more than 2 years. That means that 1 out of 2 plugins! Chances are that those plugins have been abandoned by the developer. It's not an exact science, but it's worth having this notion in mind when choosing a plugin or a theme. With Addendio you can easily filter out plugins that haven't been updated.
Why did you build this? WordPress already has a search functionality for plugins and themes
True, but we decided there was room for improvement. We created this plugin as we wanted to make it easier for WordPress admins to find plugins and themes. We especially wanted to have more flexibility by allowing to filter and sort on key criteria. This allows you to select and refine with precision only what you are looking for. It becomes easier to compare several plugins as you can rank them according to your preferences.
You can filter on the following criteria: Installs, Rating, Last update, Languages
Where is the data coming from?
We use the information present on WordPress.org and we update it regularly.
I see a difference between your data and WordPress.org. How's that possible?
As mentioned before, we update our data regularly, but it's possible that there's a delay and that might explain the difference.
Where are my searches going?
Your searches go against our system and we then return our response to you. Just like a standard search engine.
What about my WordPress data?
We only send to our servers the parameters necessary to make your search. Your WordPress data doesn't go anywhere.
Can I use this on a multisite WordPress?
We haven't tested this on multisite installation, but in theory it should work. If not, please let us know through this form...
Is there a limit to the amount of searches I can do?
To avoid abuse, we have setup some limits. In case you hit those limits, just get in touch via our email@example.com and we will be happy to review them for you. We are not here to prevent you from finding what you need!
I found a bug. What can I do?
Get in touch with us, you can simply send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have a suggestion. What can I do?
Get in touch with us, we will be happy to hear your suggestion. You can simply send an email to: email@example.com
- Fix Readme, update information
- Brand new UI
- Integration with Freemius for better feedback to the author
- Updated tested tag to WordPress 4.4
- Fix - Launching a sandbox was not working properly for plugins
- NEW Instant WordPress Sandbox on Addendio.com! Try plugins and themes on Addendio's sandboxes, don't run the risk to mess up your installation.
- NEW WordPress 3.7 to WordPress 4.4 Beta 3!
- NEW Plugin Filters: Added languages to the filters! Search plugins based on the translations available!
- NEW Theme Filters: Added tags to the filters! Refine your search based on theme tags.
- Fix - Update FAQ
- Fix - PHP short tags compatibility
- Fix - Compatibility for PHP < 5.5
- Fix - Issue with https/http previews for themes
- Initial release
- Activate the plugin
- Go to Plugins > Search Plugins or Appearance > Search Themes
- Type some keywords in the search bar and make sure you don't blink if you want to see the results update...
- Use the left bar to fine tune your search criteria or the top right dropdown menu to sort things as you prefer
- For any questions feel free to contact us on our support at addendio dot com email address
Preview of Plugins search
Preview of Themes search
Search screen for Themes
Search screen for Themes