Requires PHP: 5.5 The #1 user-rated activity log plugin. Keep a comprehensive log of the changes that happen on your site with this easy to use plugi
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE & EASY TO USE WORDPRESS ACTIVITY LOG PLUGIN
Keep an activity log of everything that happens on your WordPress sites and multisite networks with the WP Activity Log plugin to:
- Ensure user productivity
- Improve user accountability
- Ease troubleshooting
- Know exactly what all your users are doing
- Better manage & organize your WordPress site & users
- Easily spot suspicious behavior before there are security problems.
WP Activity Log is the most comprehensive real time user activity and monitoring log plugin. It helps thousands of WordPress administrators and security professionals keep an eye on what is happening on their websites. It is also the most highly rated WordPress activity log plugin and have been featured on popular sites such as GoDaddy, Kinsta and WPBeginner.
Note: The WordPress activity log is FREE. Features such as reports, email notifications, SMS alerts, search and many others are available in the Premium Edition.
Maintained & Supported by WP White Security
WP White Security builds high-quality niche WordPress security & management plugins such as Password Policy Manager for WordPress, a plugin with which you can ensure all your users use strong passwords.
Browse our list of WordPress plugins that can help you better manage and improve the security of your WordPress websites and users.
= WordPress Changes & Details the Plugin Keeps a Log Of As a comprehensive & complete WordPress activity log solution WP Activity Log does not just tell you that a post, a user profile, or an object was updated. It tells you exactly what was changed within the post, the user profile, or the object.
Below is a summary of the changes that the plugin can keep a record of:
Post, Page and Custom Post Type changes such as status, content changes, title, URL, custom field & other metadata changes
Tags and Categories changes such as creating, modifying or deleting them, and adding or removing them from posts
Widgets and Menus changes such as creating, modifying or deleting them
User changes such as user created or registered, deleted or added to a site on multisite network
User profile changes such as password, email, display name and role changes
User activity such as login, logout, failed logins and terminating other sessions
WordPress core and settings changes such as installed updates, permalinks, default role, URL and other site-wide changes
WordPress multisite network changes such as adding, deleting or archiving sites, adding or removing users from sites etc (activity logs for multisite networks).
Plugins and Themes changes such as installing, activating, deactivating, uninstalling and updating them
WordPress database changes such as when a plugin adds or removes a table
Changes on WooCommerce Stores & Products, Yoast SEO, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), MainWP and other popular WordPress plugins.
WordPress site file changes such as new files are added, or existing ones are modified or deleted.
For every event that the plugin keeps a log of it also reports the:
- Date & time (and milliseconds) of when it happened,
- User & role of the user who did the change,
- Source IP address from where the change happened.
Refer to WordPress activity log event IDs for a complete list of all the changes WP Activity Log can keep a record of.
= Extend the Functionality of WP Activity Log Upgrade to WP Activity Log Premium to:
- See who is logged,
- See what everyone is doing in real time,
- Log off any user with just a click,
- Generate HTML and CSV reports,
- Export the activity log in CSV (ideal for integrations),
- Get notified via email of important changes,
- Get instant SMS message notifications of critical site changes,
- Search the activity log using text-based searches,
- Use built-in filters to fine tune the searches,
- Store activity log in an external database to improve security,
- Mirror the WordPress activity logs to Slack, Papertrail, Syslog and other central log management and collaboration solutions,
- Configure archiving and mirroring of logs.
Refer to the features page for more detailed information on the plugin's features.
= Free and Premium Support
Support for WP Activity Log is free on the WordPress support forums.
Premium world-class support is available via email to all WP Activity Log Premium customers.
Note: paid customers support is given priority and is provided via one-to-one email and over the phone. Upgrade to Premium to benefit from priority support.
Other Noteworthy Features
Apart from the activity logs and the already mentioned features, WP Activity Log has a number of non-logging specific features that make it a complete WordPress logging solution, such as:
- Built-in support for reverse proxies and web application firewalls
- Full WordPress multisite support
- Easily create your custom alerts to monitor additional functionality
- Developer tools including the logging of all HTTP GET and POST requests
- Integration with WhatIsMyIpAddress.com so you can get all information about an IP address with just a mouse click
- Limit who can view the WordPress activity log by either users or roles
- Limit who can manage the plugin
- Settings to enable or disable individual event IDs from the activity log
- Configurable dashboard widget highlighting the most recent critical activity
- Configurable WordPress activity log retention policies
- User avatar is shown in the events for better recognizability
- and much more...
Refer to the WordPress activity log plugin datasheet for a complete list of features.
= As Featured On:
- Shout Me Loud
- The Dev Couple
- WP SmackDown
- Collective Ray
- Design Wall
- Tidy Repo
- Monster Post
- The Darknet
WP Activity Log in your language!
We need help translating the plugin and the activity log events. Please visit the WordPress Translate Project to translate the plugin. Drop us an email on email@example.com to get mentioned in the list of translators below.
- Italian translation by Leonardo Musumeci
- German translation by Mourad Louha
- Brazilian Portuguese translation by Hudson Santos
- Spanish translation by the WP Body team
- French translations by Denis Moscato
WP Activity Log extensions for third party plugins
- Activity Log for MainWP: With this MainWP extension you keep a log of the MainWP network changes and can see the activity logs of all child sites from one central location - the MainWP dashboard.
- WP Activity Log for WPForms: When you install this extension you keep a log of changes your team does in the WPForms plugin, forms, form files, entries (leads) and more.
- WP Activity Log for bbPress: With this extension you can keep a log of changes in bbPress forums, topics, bbPress settings and more.
Related Links and Documentation
Support and Documentation
Please refer to our support pages for all the technical information and product documentation.
Release notes: New session policies per user roles & other improvements
- New WordPress users sessions management module with configurable policies per user role.
- Setting to configure the log files location (request log file, 6007 and 6023 events).
- Activity log reports now support user roles which have the space character in the name.
- Removed more legacy code from the plugin (the check for encryption method).
- Removed old update scripts (for when updating from versions prior to 3.5.2).
- Moved 10 more plugin settings from the custom table to the wp_options table (performance improvement).
- Standardized the format of all placeholders in the UI (now they are all using default WordPress format).
- Removed premium only code from free edition.
- Scheduled daily reports included data of the last 24 hours instead of the previous day.
- Resaving the activity logs archiving settings generated errors (didn't check if connection was already setup).
- Issue with the plugin when installed on MainWP child sites (support ticket).
- Plugin adding Menu entry with no title (used by the wizard).
Refer to the complete plugin changelog for more detailed information about what was new, improved and fixed in previous versions of the WP Activity Log plugin.
The WordPress activity logs from where the site administrator can see all the user and site changes.
See who is logged in to your WordPress and manage users sessions with Users Sessions Management
Users Sessions Management" alt="Screenshot 2">
The plugin settings from where site administrator can configure generic plugin settings such as reverse proxy support, who can manage the plugin etc.
reverse proxy support, who can manage the plugin etc." alt="Screenshot 3">
The WordPress audit trail settings from where you can configure automatic pruning of alerts, which timestamp should be used, how many 404 requests should be logged and more.
Configuring WordPress email and SMS alerts with the Email & SMS Notifications module
Email & SMS Notifications module" alt="Screenshot 5">
Search in the WordPress activity log with the use filters to fine tune the search results.
The Enable/Disable events section from where Administrators can disable or enable activity log events.
The Log Viewer of a Super Admin in a WordPress multisite network installation with the Site selection drop down menu.
WP Activity Log is integrated with the built-in revision system of WordPress, thus allowing you to see what content changes users make on your WordPress posts, pages and custom post types. For more information read Keep Record of All WordPress Content Changes
Keep Record of All WordPress Content Changes" alt="Screenshot 9">
Mirror the WordPress activity log to an external solution such as Syslog or Papertrail to centralize logging, ensure logs are always available and cannot be tampered with in the unfortunate case of a hack attack.