A great WordPress plugin which helps you to choose a unique image for each menu page.
- Author: Fahad Mahmood
- Project URI: http://www.websitedesignwebsitedevelopment.com/wordpress/plugins/wp-header-images
WP Header Images is a great plugin to implement custom header images for each page. You can set images easily and later can manage CSS from your theme. WP Header Images is a WordPress plugin which helps you to choose a unique image for each menu page. Normally a menu item can be either page, post, category, product or even just a link. These menu items can be managed from WordPress Admin > Appearance > Menus. WooCommerce categories can have unique header images by using this plugin. It was a difficult thing to manage different slideshow before, most of the times you have to be restricted for banner area for only home page. And that home banners cannot be used for all pages. By this plugin you can use unique header images for each WooCommerce category and product pages too.
Video Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-cHoMPLBDw
- Guava Pattern
- Carrington Core
- Hybrid Core
- Options Framework
- Redux Framework
Is this compatible with all WordPress themes?
Yes, it is compatible with all WordPress themes which are developed according to the WordPress theme development standards.
Is everything ready in this plugin for final deployment?
Every theme will have different header area and required header images place so a few stylesheet properties will be required to be added and/or modified.
How can i report an issue to the plugin author?
It's better to post on support forum but if you need it be fixed on urgent basis then you can reach me through my blog too. You can find my blog link above.
- Sanitized input and fixed direct file access issues.
- Metadata work in progress for slider.
- Template selection refined. [Thanks to Ulysse Media]
- Fatal error fixed. [Thanks to Ulysse Media]
- Plugin is now translatable.
- Premium shortcodes and templates added. [Thanks to Guillaume Tremblay]
- get_terms updated to wp_get_nav_menus [Thanks to Deborah Bellony]
- HTTP and HTTPS related issue resolved for WooCommerce shop page. [Thanks to Ricardo Heikamp]
- Mobile responsive height auto settings. [Thanks to delcour]
- Single post can have default home banner. [Thanks to Lucia Hsieh]
- An important fix. [Thanks to chania06]
- An important fix. [Thanks to Dirk Schneider]
- Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_product_category() removed.
- A few tweaks and improved usability. [Thanks to Magalli Mendoza]
- A few tweaks and improved usability.
- An important update for WordPress user capabilities 4.5.2.
- An important update for WordPress version 4.5.0.
- An important feature is added.
- A few important fixes are done.
- A minor fix.
- Initial Commit
How to install the plugin and get it working:
Go to your wordpress admin "yoursite.com/wp-admin"
Login and then access "yoursite.com/wp-admin/plugin-install.php?tab=upload
Upload and activate this plugin
Now go to admin menu -> settings -> WP Header Images
5- Choose your menu > page
6- Select image from your media library
<span class="yellow"><?php do_action('apply_header_images'); ?></span> OR <span class="light_blue"><?php do_shortcode('[WP_HEADER_IMAGES]'); ?></span>
Download the WP Header Images installation package and extract the files on
Create a new directory named
WP Header Imagesin the
directory of your WordPress installation. Use an FTP or SFTP client to
upload the contents of your WP Header Images archive to the new directory
that you just created on your web host.
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard and activate the WP Header Images plugin.
- Once the plugin is activated, a new WP Header Images sub-menu will appear in your WordPress admin -> settings menu.
WP Header Images > Settings Page > Menu A
WP Header Images > Settings Page > Menu B
How it works? > Shortcode & PHP Impementation
By clicking on any image section, media upload option comes up
Existing media library images can be used too
WP Header Images can be used with multiple menus - 1
WP Header Images can be used with multiple menus - 2
It can be used with WooCommerce Categories & WooCommerce Products as well
WP Header Images > How to clear/remove header images?