Easily create an exit meta tag redirect page to warn users they are leaving your website and automatically redirect them after a set time period.
Easily create an exit page meta tag redirect in WordPress by adding a shortcode to a post or page. When people visit the page they will be automatically redirected to the website you want them to visit. Great for making an exit warning page or an exit advertising page before people leave your website.
For a demo of the plugin see here LGR WP Exit Page Redirect Demo. That page will redirect you to the page on LGR.ca about the plugin after 10 seconds.
Can the redirect be instantaneous?
You can set the wait time to 0 seconds, but by doing that people probably will not see your exit warning or advertisement.
Can the text be styled?
If you know CSS the text the shortcode output is inside a div with the class wpexitcode. You should be able to style the div and text how you want.
Does this plugin create the exit page for me?
No, this plugin makes it possible to redirect from the page/post you create in WordPress.
- Removed Bitcoin Donation option.
- Tested up to WordPress 4.9.3
- Added the option to show a countdown timer.
- Added the option to change more text.
- Added additional options to modify the default settings from a shortcode.
- Updated some of the default text.
- Updating meta refresh tag to work better on some websites. Fixing typos and updating broken URL's.
- Initial release
- Install WP Exit Page Redirect by uploading the files to your server
- After activating WP Exit Page Redirect you can edit the default settings under the settings menu.
- That's it. You're ready to go! Create your exit page and add the shortcode
The settings page.