Exports only posts of type 'attachment', i.e. your media library
Note: Obsolete since WordPress 4.4
This feature has been added into the core of WordPress 4.4. You can now export your attachments by going to Tools->Export and select 'Media' as the export type.
WP Attachment Export allows you to export your media library into a WordPress eXtended RSS or WXR file. You can then use the Tools->Import function in another WordPress installation to import the media library.
Issues / Bug reporting
Found a bug? Please use the issue tracker at https://github.com/thehelvetian/wp-attachment-export/issues
- Fixed readme formatting issues
- Added obsolete notice
- Merged pull request from maavuz. Details at https://github.com/thehelvetian/wp-attachment-export/pull/3
- Shortened menu entry text so it stays on a single line
- Matched title on page to plugin name
- Added link to plugin rating page
- Added link to GitHub repo
- Security bugfix (Arbitrary File Download)
- Thanks to Nitin Venkatesh for reporting the issue!
- Made plugin translatable
- Improvements related to plugin development with Git/Github
- Added 'Export' link beside the activate/deactivate links on the Plugins page
- Minor code comments
- Easier installation text
- Bumped tested version
- Added LICENSE
- Initial version
- Unzip wp-attachment-export.zip and upload the folder 'wp-attachment-export' to the '/wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Navigate to 'Tools > WP Attachment Export' and click 'Download Export File' to start the export process
User PhiLho has put together a good summary on how to use the plugin at https://wordpress.org/support/topic/good-but-could-use-more-explanations. Thanks PhiLho!