Improve website performance by caching widget output in WordPress transients.
Use PHP output buffering to extract widget output and store it into WordPress transients for faster retrieval. It also adds a checkbox to widget controls to exclude it from being cached.
It is a quick fix for bad behaving plugins that parse RSS feeds or call remote URLs on every page load.
- Tested with WordPress 4.5.2.
- Fixed transient name generation issue.
- Remove menu cache due to "active" menu item bug.
- Allow individual widgets to be excluded from being cached.
- Honor widgets being hidden using the
- Add cache versioning for simple invalidation.
- Store menu cache only if WordPress supports
- Add support for menu output caching.
- Initial release.
Install it from the official WordPress repository or use the plugin search in your WordPress dashboard.