Require users to enter an activation code to access the site the first time. The activation code is emailed upon user registration.
Adds an activation code to the new user email sent once a user registers. The user must enter this activation code in addition to a username and password to log in successfully the first time. A 10 character activation code is added to the user meta when the user is registered.
The administrator may reset the activation code or enter a new one from the users profile page.
This plugin does not currently work with multi-site. Multi-site uses an activation key system for new registrations already.
Spanish translation by Andrew Kurtis of WebHostingHub.
- Altered activation process to handle large numbers of users (250k+) on slow hardware.
- Added a series of actions and filters to wp_new_user_notification to allow for greater control over the email sent to the user
- Fix incorrect URL encoding of query string.
- Fix errant error message displaying on log in screen for some users
- Fix fatal error with new user registration email
- Compatability with 3.8
- Fix problem of strict standards notice during activation
- Add uninstall.php file to remove traces of the plugin once it has been deleted
- Compatability with 3.7
- Fix active users column sorting
- Fix incorrect display of data in user list table
- Compatability with 3.5
- Activation code field on log in form is filled in automatically if user clicks url in email
- Added a new column on the users list table to display if the user has activated their account or not
- Fixed missing localization strings
- Bumped minimum WordPress version to 3.1
- Fixed authentication issue
- WordPress 3.3 compatible
- Localized and available for translation
- Added a field, shown only to admins, to the user profile that displays the activation code
- First version
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
Log in form
User profile page