Remove default WordPress dashboard widgets and create your own set of icon widgets with Ultimate Dashboard.
Ultimate Dashboard is a lightweight and non-bloated WordPress plugin that lets you replace the WordPress dashboard widgets with your own set of useful quick-link widgets.
Create custom WordPress Dashboard widgets and send your clients and users to the key areas of their website – or anywhere else!
- Remove all/individual default WordPress dashboard widgets
- Create your own WordPress dashboard widgets
- Choose between FontAwesome/WordPress Dashicons for your icon widgets
- Give the WordPress dashboard a more meaningful use for clients & users
Get even more Features with Ultimate Dashboard PRO.
Ultimate Dashboard PRO
- remove 3rd party widgets
- WordPress Multisite Support
- Text Widgets
- Admin & Login-Screen Branding
Learn more about Ultimate Dashboard PRO
Does this work on my multisite installation?
For multisite, third party Widget support & more check out Ultimate Dashboard PRO
2.3 | November 30, 2018
- Tweak: set required PHP version to 5.6
- Tweak: tested up to 5.0
- Tweak: highlighted pro link
- Fixed: internationalization
2.2 | August 1, 2018
- Tweak: Updated Settings Page UI
- Tweak: Updated Links & Descriptions under Widgets -> PRO
2.1.1 | 05/31/2018
- Fixed: Number of Dashboard Widgets is limited by the "Reading" settings under Appearance -> Reading
2.1 | 03/18/2018
- Maintenance release
- Added: Action Link
- Tweak: save deactivated dashboard widgets in a single array
- Fixed: wrong hook used to remove dashboard widgets
2.0.1 | 11-17-2017
- Minor Tweaks & Improvements
2.0 | 11-14-2017
- Rewritten the plugin from ground up
- Ultimate Dashboard now has it's own, top-level menu in the WordPress Dashboard
- Tweak: metabox styling
- Tweak: embedded font-awesome instead of loading it from an external source
- Tweak: removed roboto as default font
- Tweak: minor security tweaks
1.3.1 | 10-28-2016
- Updated: Plugin Header & options page sidebar
1.3 | 10-06-2016
- Added: filter/search functionality for dashboard icons (Dashicons & Font-Awesome)
1.2.1 | 08-21-2016
- Fixed: The Plugin Generated xxx Characters of Unexpected Output During Activation message
1.2 | 08-21-2016
- Removed: Ultimate Dashboard PRO notification
- Added: Sidebar to Ultimate Dashboard options page
- Added: Custom Post Type columns (icon, link target)
- Tweak: Default plugin language is now english
- Added: German translation
1.1 | 07-20-2016
- Removed the limit of 5 dashboard widgets
1.0.3 | 07-07-2016
- Added: all WordPress Dashicons
- Tweak: new font for Dashboard Widgets (Roboto)
- Tweak: Added an accordion to sort icon groups
1.0.2 | 07-05-2016
- Moved the Ultimate Dashboard CPT from the main menu to Dashboard > Dashboard Widgets
- Added better descriptions while creating a Dashboard Widget for absolute and relative urls
Removed a bug that only allowed to create 1 Dashboard Widget.
- Download the ultimate-dashboard.zip file to your computer.
- Unzip the file.
- Upload the
ultimate-dashboardfolder to your
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
To access the settings page navigate to Settings > Ultimate Dashboard through your WordPress menu. To create new Dashboard Widgets, navigate to Dashboard > Dashboard Widgets through wour WordPress menu.
Create a new Dashboard Widget
Ultimate Dashboard Settings