Adds a checkbox in the insert/edit link popup for including rel="nofollow".
This plugin adds a simple checkbox in the insert/edit link popup for including nofollow attribute.
What is nofollow?
When the search engine spider sees nofollow on the link, it does not follow that link to the new site; not count the link towards it's popularity score in their ranking engine; and not include the link text in the relevancy score for those keywords. so, search engines will not penalize your site or blog for links that have nofollow on them.
How do i nofollow links?
Just check the rel="nofollow" option under the default open link in a new window/tab option.
- Compatible with WordPress 4.7 (credits: Daniel Liljeberg)
- Remove option for the link title attribute
- Fix css issues
- Minor fix
- Add an option for the link title attribute
- Minor bugs fixed
- Compatible with WordPress 4.2
- Compatible with WordPress 4.0.1, 4.1
- Compatible with WordPress 3.9
- First release.
- Download the latest zip file and extract the rel-nofollow-checkbox directory.
- Upload it to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate Rel Nofollow Checkbox on the Plugins menu in WordPress.