Just like the default Recent Posts widget except you can choose a category to pull posts from.
This plugin adds a simple widget that allows you to display a number of recent blog posts from a specific category. You have the options to choose a title, category, number of posts and whether or not to show the post date. The posts will be ordered by date just like the default Recent Posts widget included with WordPress.
- Removed an anonymous function that was breaking sites running PHP 5.2
- Switch to PHP5 style constructors for WP v4.3
- Better use of 'widget_title' filter to allow hooks to be used on it.
- Initial release.
- Upload the 'recent-posts-by-category-widget' directory to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Navigate to the 'Widgets' page found under the 'Appearance' menu item
- Drag 'Recent Posts by Category Widget' to the target widget area and choose your options