Manage and display advanced user profiles on your website.
This plugin allows for management of user public profiles with a lot of customizability.
In the dashboard under Profiles->Settings, administrators can:
- Build a form for users to fill out, choosing which fields to include and how to arrange them, via a straightforward drag and drop interface.
- Add taxonomies to group and filter profiles
- Design a page to display user information
- Design a separate list view when listing multiple users
- Create additional fields that can be added to the profile form and page.
- Manage, create and delete user profiles
Users can edit their profile under Users->Public Profile, where they'll be presented with the form you created.
Everything can be styled with CSS
Dashboard icon from http://p.yusukekamiyamane.com/
Social icons from http://paulrobertlloyd.com/2009/06/social_media_icons/
- Updated code to fix tab issues because of WordPress update of jQueryUI.
- View button in Your Public Profile section of Dashboard Home page now links to correct page.
- More Editor Options, Allow users to upload Media, Allow for more advanced media options.
- bug fix: shortcode full width now supports tabs as well.
- The source code has been rewritten, improving stability, and fixing a variety of bugs.
- Added [profilenavigation] short code.
- Added [profilefield] short code.
- A new dashboard widget will display the current user's theme. Or prompt them to create one.
- A new search and navigation widget called "Profile Navigation"
- Resolved an issue where users with low permission levels would be unable to control the taxonomies on their own profile.
- Fixed bugs related to to updating from lower version to the latest once.
- Implemented a way to force of the refresh of profiles. Instead of waiting for the profile to get requested. A must if you are using shortcodes instead of regular profile views.
- Removed php short tags which caused fatal errors if they're disabled
- Ensure profile data gets updated appropriately when plugin is updated (this process may cause a brief delay after updating if you have lots of profiles)
- Fixed bug where post formatting gets mangled sometimes
- Fixed bug where default values sometimes show up in profile pages
- Added [profilesearch] shortcode
- Added automatic ordering (first name, last name, date added) for archive pages and shortcode
- Profiles can now be filtered by first letter of last name
- Added filter/search interface on archive page
- Also added widget and shortcode to display filter/search interface
- Fixed a bug that may cause PHP errors when [profilelist] is called with no arguments
- Fixed image uploader to be compatible with WordPress 3.4
- Fixed minor formatting issues
- Version Number bump
- Made it so that you can place the plugin into which every folder.
- Better error on settings page
- Bug fix for the ordering of the items
- Bug fix for IE7 Tabs didn't display properly
- Bug fixes, for ordering of the items
- Added the ability to order things using a better UI
- CSS bug fixes
- Input fields bug fixes
- Just lots of bug fixes
- Bug fix, now admin is able to change the proper author
- Bug fix shortcode is lists all the people by default
- Added [profilelist] shortcode.
- Removing dead code, webscraper was implemented as db-field
- Bug fixes: social fields look better
- Appearance of professional affiliation changed
- Renamed classed so that they are not repeated, use shell-rename
- Added the ability to sort fields now by using the page order
- Clarification of the permission fields
- Initial public release
- Extract the zip file into wp-content/plugins/ in your WordPress installation
- Go to plugins page to activate
- Recommended: Some minor changes to theme files (archive.php, search.php, taxonomy.php) to accommodate profile cct features (see "Usage" for details)
The plugin (optionally) makes use of jQuery UI tabs so you'll need to grab some CSS for that if your theme doesn't already have it and you want tabbed content on profile pages. See http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/ to find or create a style for the tabs