Catalog plugin with fully customizable responsive design, search and categories. Best for product catalog and services or portfolio presentation.
Catalog X is a free WordPress plugin that helps you to manage and display your X catalog. Replace the X with whatever you need to catalog e.g. flowers, houses, boats, mixed products, services, portfolio.
Built with WordPress
Catalog X is build with WordPress functions to provide maximum compatibility with other plugins. Custom post types and custom taxonomies are used for items and categories.
Total output control
The admin has complete control on the plugin output with fully customisable templates and dozens of shortcodes.
The catalog items can be categorized with hierarchical categories.
Catalog X as full of WordPress hooks is extremely customizable and extensible.
User Friendly Design
Catalog X has three different, fully responsive product listing styles. The individual item page is simple but complete with 100% responsive design.
You will never need to do any workaround to disable not needed functionality. Catalog X is built to be extended.
Catalog X lets you name your catalog to give the admin a personalized feeling.
Display Items with a Shortcode
Use the shortcode to show items whenever needed on the website. Just paste on any page: [show_products] and watch all items in place of the shortcode.
To show items from just one category, use: [show_products category="2"] where 2 is category ID (it's possible to display several categories by inserting comma separated IDs).
To display items by IDs, use: [show_products product="5"], where 5 is item ID.
Display Categories with a Shortcode
You can use [show_categories] shortcode to show the item categories on home page or any other WordPress page.
Catalog X comes with two widgets:
1. Item Categories - show all item categories in CSS customisable list. The widget has also several customisation settings.
2. Item Search - generates a search form that allows to search the items in the catalog.
Catalog X Extensions
This product catalog plugin is extensible. The feature packed extensions is that what makes Catalog X plugin a more specialized solution. Browse the extensions.
Some extensions examples:
Product Reviews - activate rich reviews for your catalog products.
Price Field - activate price for your catalog products.
Attributes Table - activate product attributes tab for your catalog products.
Shipping Options - activate shipping for your catalog products.
and many more extensions already available and in constant development. You will never be limited!
What is the difference between Catalog X and eCommerce Product Catalog?
Catalog X is a simple and extensible base on which you can built your deeply customized product catalog, services list, portfolio etc. It has only basic features. While developing eCommerce Product Catalog we realized that many users are trying to disable some functionality because they don't need it. That's why we came up with Catalog X which can be extended but it doesn't force any functionality.
Catalog X and eCommerce Product Catalog share the same base so you can switch between them without loosing configuration, products and categories.
1.3.5 - 16/03/2018
- Tweak – template file for shortcode integration container
- Tweak – shortcode product catalog compatibility with more themes
1.3.4 - 09/02/2018
- Tweak – startup tutorial added
- Tweak – show admin notices only on catalog admin pages
- Tweak – better page builders support for product catalog pages
1.3.3 - 23/01/2018
- Tweak - product catalog multilingual support improved
- Tweak - support for categories import from other post type
- Tweak - compatibility info modified
- Tweak - support for multiple product categories import
- Tweak - shortcode integration improved
- Tweak - code improvements for even better performance and readability
- Fix - search pagination fixed
1.3.2 - 07.12.2017
- Tweak – compatibility with WordPress password protected feature
- Tweak – admin edit links on product page when logged in as admin
- Tweak – new shortcode theme integration method for Product Catalog X
- Tweak – multiple code improvements for even better performance and readability
1.3.1 - 12.06.2017
- Fix - admin stylesheet works again
1.3.0 - 12.06.2017
- Feature – ability to customize product page and product display in WordPress customizer
- Feature – ability to import products from other post type to Product Catalog X
- Tweak – settings usability improved
- Tweak – initial configuration improved
- Tweak – simple mode improved
- Tweak – ajax filters usability improvements for all eCommerce pages
1.2.6 - 02.05.2017
- Fix – per row attribute
- Security – WP Sessions Manager updated
1.2.5 - 24.04.2017
- Tweak – breadcrumbs schema.org
- Fix – remove unnecessary CSS rules
- Fix – theme integration width
1.2.4 - 24.03.2017
- Tweak - Code optimisation for even better performance
- Tweak - admin responsiveness improved
- Fix - theme integration width
- Fix - ajax pagination fixed for certain configurations
- Fix - ajax shortcode search URL fixed
1.2.3 - 28.02.2017
- Fix - uninstallation error fixed
- Fix - product import / export screen fixed
1.2.2 - 28.02.2017
- Tweak - ajax filters for shortcodes improved
1.2.1 - 09.02.2017
- Fix - draft items visibility fixed on filters ajax requests
1.2.0 - 07.02.2017
- Tweak - filters and pagination usability improved. Now it works without page reload. This can be disabled with the following code added to the theme functions.php:
1.1.6 - 03.01.2017
- Compatibility update
1.1.5 - 12.12.2016
- Compatibility with WordPress 4.7
1.1.4 - 28.10.2016
- Fix - extensions menu stying fixed
1.1.3 - 27.10.2016
- Fix - compatibility with PHP < 5.5 restored
1.1.2 - 26.10.2016
- Fix - permissions to see settings fixed
1.1.1 - 11.10.2016
- Tweak - compatibility with free Reviews Plus extension
1.1.0 - 08.09.2016
- Feature - new single page template can be selected in Catalog > Settings > Catalog Design > Single Page Design
- Multiple tweaks and fixes for better stability, usability and performance
1.0.4 - 30.11.2015
- Fix - Error when searching fixed
1.0.3 - 26.11.2015
- Fix - permission errors fixed on settings page
1.0.2 - 15.10.2015
- Tweak - extensions menu added
- Tweak - support for free and premium addons
1.0.1 - 09.10.2015
- Initial Release
- WordPress 3.5 or greater
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of impleCode Catalog X, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “Catalog X” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found Catalog X plugin you can view details about it such as the the rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking Install Now. After clicking that link you will be asked if you’re sure you want to install the plugin. Click yes and WordPress will automatically complete the installation.
The manual installation method involves downloading our item catalog plugin and uploading it to your web-server via your favourite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.
If on the off-chance you do encounter issues with the plugin pages after an update you simply need to flush the permalinks by going to WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and hitting 'save'. That should return things to normal.
Catalog X main listing with categories and items enabled. The "Modern Grid" listing design is used here.
Catalog X main listing with categories and items enabled. The "Classic List" listing design is used here.
Catalog X main listing with categories and items enabled. The "Classic Grid" listing design is used here.
Simple product page with additional images in description
Main catalog settings screen
Categories, SEO and breadcrumbs settings