Open Badges: Earn as you learn, Endorse those you teach, Display where it counts. This plugin adds the OpenBadges.me designer to WordPress.
Open Badges are a new online standard to recognize and verify learning: Earn badges for skills you learn online & offline, Give recognition for things you teach, Show your badges in the places that matter. This plugin lets you integrate the OpenBadges.me badge designer inside your WordPress admin screens.
The OpenBadges.me badge designer provides a simple and quick way to create attractive graphics and designs to use as badges as part of the Mozilla Open Badges infrastructure. When used alongside other Open Badges plugins (like WPBadger) it's now possible to support end-to-end Open Badges workflow, including design, creation, definition and issuing.
The badge designer sits neatly within your WordPress admin screens and saves your badge graphics directly into your media library ready to use however you wish!
With the badge designer you can:
- Create sophisticated and attractive badge graphics in PNG format
- Combine different layers, shapes and icons to create unique designs
- Adjust colours, positions and opacities of your elements to get things just right
- Add graphical flair with a range of in-built icon sets and web-fonts
The OpenBadges.me badge designer gives you all the tools you need to create great looking Open Badges, in your browser and without the need to learn complex graphics editing software.
Does the badge designer track any personal data?
The designer uses some cool HTML5 features, does it work in all browsers?
Who makes the badge designer and how can I find out more?
- Small update to ensure compatibility with WordPress v4.0
- Layer up your graphical elements however you like
- Write your text on a curve to create awesome circular badges
- Badge designer now available to editors, authors and contributors, as well as admin users
- Upload your own images to use as shapes and icons
- Extended positioning tools for uploaded images
- No changes - this is our first version.
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- You can the find the designer in your menu under the 'Media' section
The badge designer as it sits within the WordPress admin screens
Combine different graphical elements to create just the graphic you need
Add your own images to your badge designs as shapes and icons
Seamlessly publish your badges to your WordPress Media Library