This plugin will remove the version info appended to enqueued style and script urls along with Meta Generator in the head section and in RSS feeds.
This plugin will remove the version information that gets appended to enqueued style and script URLs. It will also remove the Meta Generator tag in the head and in RSS feeds. Adds a bit of obfuscation to hide the WordPress version number and generator tag that many sniffers detect automatically from view source. Option available to selectively exclude any style or script file from version info removal process.
You can enable/disable each removal options from admin dashboard:
- Remove WordPress Meta Generator Tag
- Remove WPML (WordPress Multilingual Plugin) Meta Generator Tag
- Remove Slider Revolution Meta Generator Tag
- Remove Visual Composer / WPBakery Page Builder Meta Generator Tag
- Remove Version from Stylesheet
- Remove Version from Script
- Exclude files from version info removal process (by providing comma separated file names)
- Remove Yoast SEO comments
- Remove Google Analytics (MonsterInsights) comments
You have any suggestions to make this plugin better? Please share your thoughts in the support thread.
Dashboard > Settings > Meta Generator and Version Info Remover
This plugin is trusted since 2013.
Following languages are supported currently:
If you want to help with translations please provide localized file in your language. Use the template file (.pot) inside the 'lang' folder, and contact me via Support forum once your localization is ready.
If you like this plugin, please rate and review this plugin. If you want to support development of this plugin, please Donate.
Can I exclude a script/css file?
Yes! You can exclude any script/css files by providing the file names in comma separated format.
Will this plugin cause any problem with WordPress update process?
Not at all! It will cause no problem with WordPress update process.
After plugin update do I need to do anything?
Please go to plugin settings: Dashboard > Settings > Meta Generator and Version Info Remover. Check if all the relevant checkboxes are enabled.
- Updated: Language translations.
- Updated: Version removal feature - Added version argument checking.
- Updated: Code improvements.
- Added: Google Analytics (MonsterInsights) comments removal.
- Added: Yoast SEO comments removal.
- Updated: Language translations.
- Added: Visual Composer / WPBakery Page Builder Meta Generator Removal.
- Added: Slider Revolution Meta Generator Removal.
- Added: WPML (WordPress Multilingual Plugin) Meta Generator Removal.
- Added: German language translations.
- Added: Spanish language translations.
- Added: French language translations.
- Added: Italian language translations.
- Added: i18n (Internationalization) support.
- Updated: Refactoring and improvements.
- Updated: Data persistence logic on plugin re-activation hook.
- Updated: Eliminate any PHP Notices and to meet PHP Strict Standards requirements.
- Updated: Support for servers running PHP 5.3 or less added. Version 3.0 used a code that was supported only for PHP 5.4+. This has been modified to support all servers.
- Updated: Feature enhancement - Exclude files from version info removal process (by providing comma separated file names).
- Added: Screenshots
- Updated: WordPress Tested Upto Info. WordPress 4.0 supported.
- Updated: Generator Remover Filter.
- Added: Options to manage the settings from Administrator Dashboard.
- Initial Commit.
- Unzip the zipped file and upload to the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Manage individual options from Dashboard > Settings > Meta Generator and Version Info Remover
Settings page with a list of files (comma separated list) to exclude from version info removal process
View source demo