This is by far the best free WordPress share plugin. It is simple yet does exactly what it should with plenty of customisation options.
Kiwi Social Share is a standalone plugin built, maintained & operated by the friendly folks over at WPKube
This is by far the best & easiest to use WordPress social media share plugin. A WordPress share plugin with custom icons built-in.
- Social networks available: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, Pinterest, Google Plus and Flint.
- Turn on/off each of them, individually.
- Great UI with intuitive & simple options.
- Built for the regular user.
- Change the style of the article bar group.
- Display the number of counts next to the social network icon.
- Enable/disable the floating bar.
- Change the shape of the floating bar’s social buttons.
- Add social identities.
- Add a "Click to tweet" button in WordPress editor.
- Google Analytics tracking.
- Four different Skins.
- The default, square style.
- The more futuristic approach, shift style.
- The friendly approach, pill (rounded corners) style.
- The eye-catching approach, leaf style (like a leaf in the wind).
- Display social icons: before content, after content or both.
- Amazing loading speed.
WordPress Social Media Widget (for website)
A WordPress Social Media Widget solution is coming soon, stay tuned.
Available filters (used for frontend rendering) Article Bar Filters kiwi_article_bar_list_custom_class kiwi_before_article_bar kiwi_before_first_article_bar_item kiwi_after_last_article_bar_item kiwi_after_article_bar
Floating Bar Filters kiwi_floating_bar_list_custom_class kiwi_before_floating_bar kiwi_before_first_floating_bar_item kiwi_after_last_floating_bar_item kiwi_after_floating_bar
- Remove uninstall feedback
- Fixed "Trying to get property ‘post_content’ when there is no id, like 404"
- Improve performance
- Fixed security issue
- Update CMB2
- Improved Admin UI
- Minor Fixes
- Added Fintel network
- added uninstall feedback
- WP 4.9 compatibility
- Remove url encode on twitter button
- WhatsApp button didn't look alright on fit
- Removed box shadow in the admin window
- Changed how URLS are encoded for text
- WhatsApp icon visibility is now handled with CSS ( wp_is_mobile function would not work on websites with cache )
- Saving settings would cause errors on some servers
- Ajax request failed on license activation
- Minor bugs
- Major upgrade
- When checked, the Google+ icon wasn’t showing up. Fix provided via GitHub by @smartinsalmeida
- Increased the weight on the front-end selectors so that margin & padding are harder to get overwritten by themes. Feels like some themes don't want to play nice
- Fixed a small bug where content wasn't being returned if kiwi was turned off on posts and pages.
- Added share bar margins top/bottom.
- Fixed a small rendering bug in the back-end for images.
- Fixed a small bug where content wasn't being returned on !is_singular() pages (archives)
- Replaced Kiwi Logo with Dashicons icon
- Fixed a small bug with the notifications bar overlapping the form badge
- Enhanced the way we control sortables. When you disable a radio within a sortable, that sortable gets it’s opacity lowered.
- Properly formatted JS code with PHPStorm formatting.
- Small assets/back-end/images/ re-organization. Now, social icons have been renamed and moved into their own folder.
- Slightly re-worked the sortable/draggable field to support icons. No more CSS background images
- Initial release
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the whole contents of the folder
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Enjoy using it 🙂
Screenshot of the back-end User Interface. All options are displayed above the fold (no scrolling, no fiddling around). Really easy to use.