This plugin allows you to add extra scripts to the header and footer of your blog by hooking into wp_head and wp_footer.
Easily Insert Header and Footer Code
Insert Headers and Footers is a simple plugin that lets you insert code like Google Analytics, custom CSS, Facebook Pixel, and more to your WordPress site header and footer. No need to edit your theme files!
The simple interface of the Insert Headers and Footers plugin gives you one place where you can insert scripts, rather than dealing with dozens of different plugins.
Features of Insert Headers and Footers
- Quick to set up
- Simple to insert scripts
- Insert header code and/or footer code
- Add Google Analytics code to any theme
- Add custom CSS across themes
- Insert Facebook pixel code
If you find this plugin useful to insert header and footer scripts, please leave a good rating and consider checking out our other projects:
- OptinMonster - Get More Email Subscribers
- WPForms - Best Contact Form Builder Plugin
- MonsterInsights - Best Google Analytics Plugin
To learn more about WordPress, you can also visit WPBeginner for tutorials on topics like:
...and many more WordPress tutorials.
Can I use Insert Headers and Footers to install Google Analytics?
Yes, you can insert your Google Analytics code in the
Scripts in Header field.
Can I use Insert Headers and Footers for Google AdSense?
Yes, to verify your account or to tag your page for Auto ads, paste the code AdSense gives you, into the Scripts in Header field.
How to disable Insert Headers and Footers on a specific page?
You can use one of the three available boolean filters: disable_ihaf, disable_ihaf_footer, disable_ihaf_header and return true value in order to disable printing either on the entire page or specifically in the header or footer of a given page.
- Update FAQs
- Introduce three new filters: disable_ihaf, disable_ihaf_footer, disable_ihaf_header
- Code cleanups
- Fixes for users running PHP version less than 5.5
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.2
- cleaned up code
- Tested with WordPress 4.3
- Fix: plugin_dir_path() and plugin_dir_url() used for Multisite / symlink support
- Fix: Dashboard widget logo URL when RSS feed cannot be loaded
- Fix: WordPress 4.0 support
- Added: POT language file
- Improved settings UI for WordPress 3.8+
- Bumped minimum version requirement
- fixed readme file
- cleaned up code
- fixed unecessary CSS loading
- Initial version
- Install Insert Headers and Footers by uploading the
insert-headers-and-footersdirectory to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory. (See instructions on how to install a WordPress plugin.)
- Activate Insert Headers and Footers through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- Insert code in your header or footer by going to the
Settings > Insert Headers and Footersmenu.