Requires PHP: 5.6 Easy add site-wide and/or article specific custom code before the </head> or </body> by hooking to wp_head and wp_foo
<head> (like site verification code, custom styles, webfont link, etc), or just before
</body> (like pixel tracking, analytics code, heatmap code, etc), but you are not programmer. Then you can use Head & Footer Code to do that.
Simply go to Tools → Head & Footer Code in your website admin dashboard, and insert custom code to HEAD or FOOTER section (depending what you have to do).
If you have to insert some custom code specific for individual article (post, page, custom post type), then you can use Article specific metabox while you editing post/page/custom post type (check out Screenshots). There you can also set should that specific code be appended to site-wide code defined on Tools → Head & Footer Code, or should be overwritten.
Works or broken?
Please, consider to vote for this plugin. When you vote for broken, be so kind and tell in the Forum what is broken. Maybe I might be able to fix it to make the plugin also work for you.
I need your support
It is very hard to continue development and support for this and my other free plugisn without contributions from users like you. If you enjoy using Head & Footer Code and find it useful, please consider making a donation. Your donation will help encourage and support the plugin's continued development and better user support.
- Set site-wide custom content for head page section (before the
- Set site-wide custom content for footer page section (before the
- Set article specific custom code for head page section (before the
- Set article specific custom content for footer page section (before the
- Choose priority of printed custom code to head/footer sections (lower number mean far from
</body>, higher number means closer to
- Choose which post types will have enabled article specific head/footer fields
- Choose should article specific head/footer code be appended to site-wide code, or will replace site-wide code
- Site-wide section located under Tools > Head & Footer Code
- If you have set WP_DEBUG constant in
true, you'll see site-wide and article specific entries in page source code wrapped to comments.
General settings, including HEAD, FOOTER global code and priority, have been saved to WordPress option
Each post/page/custom post type specific HEAD and FOOTER code have been saved to post meta
On plugin uninstall these data is also deleted from database.
Why another one custom code plugin?
Because all other similar plugins could not satisfy my requirements. In general, they have too much features or lack some features I need.
- Fix: Fatal Error on Multisite WP's (thanks @kunzemarketing for reporting)
- Improve: DRI for front-end debugging
- Add: Descriptive post types and descriptions for article specific sections
- Add: Option to process shortcodes in FOOTER section (global setting for site-wide and article specific)
- Change: Separate priority for HEAD and FOOT so admin can choose different priorities for header and footer
- Add: CodeMirror code editor for HEAD and FOOTER code in plugin settings
- Add: Plugin activation hook to prevent fatal errors in case of legacy WP and/or PHP
- Improve: Loading security
- Test compatibility with WordPress 5.1.1 and PHP 7.2.15
- Change: Meta boxes layout and type of behavior selector
- Change: Convert Post metaboxes to OOP
- Change: GNU GPL license to v3
- Add: Bundle GNU GPLv3 license to plugin codebase
- Update: Screenshots
- Compatibility check: Tested for WordPress 4.7.1
- UX: Add right hand sidebar on global settings page with links to donate, FAQ, Community support and plugin Reviews page.
- UX: Set monospaced font for textareas on global settings and article pages
PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in \wp-content\plugins\head-footer-code\inc\front.php on line 41.
- Fix: Overwrite footer content for post/page if post/page template after content have another WP Loop query (like recent posts WP Widget in RHS sidebar).
- Optimize: Avoid reading post meta if not singular or post type not enabled
- Tested in Multisite environment (main and other network websites) on WordPress v4.5-alpha-36504 and theme Twenty Sixteen v1.2-alpha.
- Enhance: Add uninstall routine to make some housekeeping on plugin removal.
- Enhance: Add post type in debug comments.
- Readme: Test on WordPress v4.4-beta1 and updated compatibility.
- Fix: PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given (introduced in v1.0.3)
- Change: Make even default WP post types
pageoptional for page specific head/footer code
- Change: Replace PayPal donation links to prevent account limitations if plugin is used on website that violates PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy
- Fix: PHP Notice Trying to get property of non-object
- Optimize: Remove
attachmentpost type from available to select as no reason to have custom head/footer code on attachments
- Optimize: Settings code cleanup
- Initial release.
Installation of this plugin is fairly easy as any other WordPress plugin.
- Go to Plugins → Add New.
- Search for head footer code.
- Enter to Search Plugin field
had footer codeand press Enter key.
- Locate plugin Head & Footer Code and click Install Now button.
- After successfully installed plugin click link Activate Plugin.
- Visit the Tools → Head & Footer Code.
- Add the desired code to proper section.
- Upload the whole directory and everything underneath to the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Visit the Tools → Head & Footer Code (Settings link).
- Add the desired code to proper section.
Head & Footer Code box in Plugin search results
Site-wide settings page
Article specific metabox
Example of custom code inserted to HEAD section (site-wide with appended article specific)
Example of custom code inserted to FOOTER section (site-wide with appended article specific)