Stop scrolling, save time! Have the admin menu stay in place, no matter how far you scroll down.
Note: This plugin has been integrated into WordPress 3.8.
Stop scrolling, save time! Have the admin menu stay in place, no matter how long the page may be and you happen to have scrolled.
The WordPress admin menu is floating (sticky; fixed) as long as the viewport of the browser is taller than the admin menu itself, otherwise it reverts to it's default behavior, glued to the top of the backend. The floating can be disabled on a per user basis under profile settings. Mobile devices (except iPads) are currently not supported.
- Disable plugin on WordPress > 3.8-beta
- Fixed thickbox overlay issue
- Compatibility adjustments for Jetpack and s2member
- Simplified CSS
- MP6 compatibility
- WordPress 3.5 compatibility adjustment
- Fixed display issue with Google Chrome
- Fixed fatal error on multisite installations
- Fixed display issue with Thickbox overlay
- Fixed JS/CSS caching issue
- Enabled floating on iPads
- Fixed several minor display issues
- Improved behavior when menu is collapsed/expanded
- Made plugin translatable
- Disabled floating on mobile devices
- Initial release
For detailed installation instructions, please read the standard installation procedure for WordPress plugins.
- Upload the
/floating-admin-menu/directory and its contents to
- Login to your WordPress installation and activate the plugin through the Plugins menu.
- Done. You can enable/disable the floating admin menu under Profile.
Okay, let's start...
Scrolling down even more...
Nice, it's floatin'!