Give identity to your single or multi-author WordPress website with Fancier Author Box - The Only Author Box Plugin You'll Ever Need.
If you're looking for a way to make your every page a landing page for new contacts and leads, then you will find Fancier Author Box by ThematoSoup invaluable.
Make your every post stand out and attract your readers' eyes. Connect with your audience on all levels and make sure people always read your author's bio and engage you on social networks.
- Google+ & automatic Google Authorship verification (rel=author)
- Job title (position)
- Company URL
Allow you to choose where Fancier Author Box appears on your website.
- Show in posts (above, below, both, none)
- Show in pages (above, below, both, none)
- Show in custom post types (above, bellow, both, none)
- Bio - This is a standard author bio description. It uses your Gravatar image and alows you to put social profile icons
- Latest Posts - Shows number of latest posts you specify and dates
Allow you to change colors of just about any author box element. These elements include:
- Inactive Tab
- Inactive Tab Border
- Inactive Tab Background
- Active Tab
- Active Tab Border
- Active Tab Background
- Tab Content
- Tab Content Border
- Tab Content Background
Will Fancier Author Box work with responsive themes?
Yes, Fancier Author Box is fully responsive and should work with responsive WordPress themes.
Is there a way of uploading user photo instead of using Gravatar?
No, this is not possible in the free version.
- Improved inline documentation
- Adds minified CSS and JS files
- Removes additional profile fields for users who can’t write posts
- Added Vietnamese translation, credits: http://huytuduy.com/
- Adds ts_fab_show_latest_posts_type_hook filter hook that allows changing post types used in latest posts tab.
- Removes nofollow from Google+ link.
- Adds is_main_query check, so author box isn’t automatically added elsewhere in the page.
- Moves settings page to Settings menu.
- Adds ts_fab_follow_author_link filter that allows nofollow to be removed from authors’ website link.
- Adds nofollow to authors' website and social links.
- Fixes social links in Latest Posts tab.
- Changed user options so either username or full URL can be used for social profiles. For example, in Facebook field in Fancier Author Box User Details section you can use ‘http://facebook.com/username’ or just ‘username’. If full URL is used it must start with ‘http’.
- Added Italian translation, credits: Marco Massiglia
- Added Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube and Vimeo to list of supported networks
- CSS fixes
- CSS fixes
- CSS fixes
- Changed execution priority parameter for function that hooks into the_content
- Added Polish translation, credits: Miroslaw Lach
- Fixed German translation
- CSS fixes
- Added Portuguese translation, credits: http://www.traducteurs.com/
- Added Spanish translation, credits: http://www.ip-traduccion.com/
- Added option to selectively disable Fancier Author Box from individual posts/pages by using 'ts_fab_hide' custom field (with any value)
- Added LinkedIn to social profiles
- Updated social icons
- Had to revert the fix from 1.0.4 as it caused other issues, sorry everyone
- Fixed a bug that added author box to sidebar widget from Category Posts Widget plugin
- Added Dutch translation (credits: Winy Schalke - http://www.alva-design.com/)
- Added Danish translation (credits: http://www.freelancekonsulenten.dk/)
- Added German translation (credits: Niklas Heer - http://niklas-heer.de)
- Added Japanese translation (credits: K. Okamoto)
- Added French translation (credits: Jeanne Corvellec)
- Added rel=author to Google+ link
- The first version of the plugin.
- Download the plugin from this page and extract it
- Copy the fancier-author-box folder to the "/wp-content/plugins/" directory
- Activate the plugin through the "Plugins" menu in WordPress dashboard