Easily block obvious spam before it is inserted into your database.
Comment Redlist is a WordPress plugin that blocks comment spam before it is inserted into your database.
Manage your Comment Redlist settings on the Settings > Discussion page, or on the plugin's dedicated options page, located in the Settings menu.
For more information, check out http://blog.skunkbad.com/wordpress/the-comment-redlist-plugin.
- Comments blocked by word, character sequence, or IP address.
- Blocked comments can be logged for debugging or your general information.
- Optional setting provides spammer with zero feedback, instead of an error message.
- Optional setting restricts comments to US keyboard characters, or any regular expression.
- Optional setting removes your comment form's Website field, and blocks any comment that contains one.
Who is this plugin aimed at?
This plugin is aimed at nearly every WordPress user. Nobody wants spam.
Why are there no Questions here?
Because no-one has asked me.. Ask me a question by going to the Brian's Web Design Contact Page
- Serbian language translation files added
- Spanish language translation fixed
- Spanish language translation files added
- Debug mode now enabled via options page / settings page. Previously only set as private class member.
- Session cookie name for token usage now changed via options page / settings page. Previously set in lang.php.
- Existing feature that blocks submissions with Website field now will remove the field if it has not already been removed. Technically it is replacing it with a hidden form field, which is a perfect trap for many bots.
- Fixed dedicated options form. Uskeys removed, URL added back in.
- Better options for character restriction
- Fixed bug where all error messages were the same
- Initial Commit to SVN
- Use the auto-installer or upload entire plugin to
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Change settings in new Settings->Comment Redlist or Settings->Discussion page.