CodeQRCode plugin enables you to automatically generate QR codes on each post and page on your wordpress site. Bonus: You can easily include your AdSe
It also enables you to place dynamic QR codes using widget. Dynamic QR codes are easier to scan and enable you to track number of scans, device type, and change URL destination.
How to auto generate QR codes for each post/page
Open plugin settings and choose static QR code (for simple QR codes without analytics). Each page/post will have unique QR code redirecting user which scans it to that page. If you create free CodeQRCode account and paste ApplicationID, dropdown list will show your dynamic QR codes also.
Checkout how to create QR code contact vcard and place it :
How to place AdSense ad code ? Just copy & paste AdSense or any other third party Ad code to box and optionally add name. Choose default Ad for each post and page. Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and Drag n Drop desired code to desired position. Thats it!
Advantages of Dynamic QR codes:
- Easier to scan (because codeqrcode uses short URL)
- Ability to change URL later (after placing it on your web site or printing it) - by using codeqrcode dashboard you can change destination URL whenever you want.
- Scan analytics - using codeqrcode dashboard you can have insight in number of scans, device types used to scan, whether the scan is new or returning, date, time and much more...
You can read more about dynamic vs static QR codes
I have pasted CodeQRCode Application ID but do not see any Dynamic QR Codes
Is Application ID correct? When you save changes, does the list of your dynamic QR codes appear in dropdown? If you see only static QR code option, please Log in to codeqrcode.com and create first dynamic QR code.
QR codes are not showing below posts (single page post) or pages.
Go to plugin configuration and check if the checkbox is enabled for single posts and/or pages on your wordpress site. Change type from static to dynamic QR codes if desired.
Where can I find analytics for QR code scans?
login to CodeQRCode and click statistics for desired QR code. Please note that only scans of dynamic QR codes are tracked.
Can I use this plugin to serve Ad Sense or any other Ad code?
Yes you can! This is bonus feature for you! Just go to plugin settings and enable Ad serving checkbox. It will reveal 3 fields where you can paste your ad code. Later in Appearance -> Widgets you can drag and drop CodeQRCode-Adsense widget to desired position.
- QR code width fix
- Theme influence fix
- Improved communication with CodeQRCode API
- Warning fixed when dragging widget
- Small layout fixes
- Tested up to 4.9.2 (newest wp version)
- Improved API communication engine
- Improved Authorization process. Easier to get Application ID with one click.
- Added dynamic QR code preview in plugin settings
- Now supports SSL communication with codeqrcode.com
- Tested up to 4.6.1 (newest wp version)
- Tested up to 4.5.3 (newest wp version)
- Added Benefits & Cross promotion tool video tutorial
- Tested up to 4.3 (newest wp version)
- Added please "rate and review" link in plugin section
- Tested up to 4.2.3 (newest wp version)
- Added option to enable/disable shadow for qrCodes
- First version of CodeQRCode AdSense plugin widget
How to activate and use CodeQRCode dynamic QR codes on your wordpress website
1. step : Get CodeQRCode wordpress plugin :
Login to your wordpress dashboard as administrator, go to Plugins> Add New and type "codeqrcode", click install!
or manually :
* get plugin and
* Upload and unzip plugin to the
* Activate the CodeQRCode plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
Go to your WordPress administration panel, go to plugins and settings for CodeQRCode plugin.
2. step : Click on red button "Create your FREE account" to get free CodeQRCode.com account and autopopulate Application ID field. After submitting registration form you will get verification email with activation link (please check SPAM folder if it is missing). Click on activation link in received email. Now your Application ID should be autofilled, just click SAVE to proceed.
3. step OPTIONAL : Optionally if you didn't get Application ID in previous step you can copy paste it manually Sign in and get your CodeQRCode Application ID After logging in, go to your profile and copy Application ID from CodeQRCode and paste it in wordpress plugin.
WELL DONE! CodeQRCode is now active on your WordPress website and you should be able to see your dynamic QR codes in plugin settings and CodeQRCode drag n drop widget.
Now you can Log in to the CodeQRCode and create more dynamic QR codes or to track statistics and for get additional configuration to CodeQRCode dashboard.
Questions? Contact us!
CodeQRCode AdSense plugin configuration
How to get Application ID ?
CodeQRCode Dashboard where you can analyze QR code scans
Drag n Drop QR code to desired position (or place AdSense or other Ad code).