WordPress plugin to add Category - RSS feed subscription menu to your posts, pages and sidebar.
This WordPress Plugin allows you to present a menu with multiple RSS feed subscription option to your site's visitors in addition to your normal RSS subscription option. Ingo page : http://ukras.info/category-rss-widget-menu/
If your site covers multiple topics then your subscribed readers may get annoyed when you update your site with content that they are not interested in and they get a notification in their RSS reader.
I found that most of the time I never subscribe to a site's RSS feed when it doesn't have the topic/category specific subscription option, specially when the site covers multiple topics cause I don't like to be hammered with all the unwanted content updates.
This plugin allows you to configure up to 8 different topic specific RSS feeds.
There are three ways you can use this plugin:
- Add the Category Specific RSS Widget to your sidebar from the Widget menu
- Add the trigger text [category_specific_rss_menu] to your posts or pages
- Call the function from template files:
- Unzip and Upload the folder 'Category-specific-rss-wp' to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings and configure the options eg. your category names and RSS link of the specific topic.
- Go to the Widgets menu and add the 'Category Specific RSS' widget to the sidebar or add the trigger text to a post or page where u want it to appear.