A simple Events plugin for BuddyPress
This BuddyPress plugin allows members to create, edit and delete Events from their profile.
- provides a tab on each members' profile for front-end creation, editing and deletion
- uses the Google Places API for creating locations
- uses Google Maps to show Event location
- creates a custom post type called 'event'
- uses WP and BP templates that can be overloaded
- includes a widget
It does NOT have:
- calendars - BUT should work with any WP Calendar that supports assigning custom post types
- recurring events
If you would like support for...
- a map showing all Events
- a Settings screen for Map options
- an end Date
- an Attending button
- an option for assignment to a Group
... then you may be interested in BuddyPress Simple Events Pro
For more BuddyPress plugins, please visit PhiloPress
= Do I need a Google Maps API Key? Yes. If you need help, read this tutorial Google Maps API Key
Yes. Tested in the following configuration:
- WP.4.1.1 - Multisite
- BuddyPress 2.2 + - Network Activated
- BuddyPress Simple Events - Network Activated
Roles can be assigned via the Network Admin > Settings > BP Simple Events screen.
But a member must be a member of the main site in order to create Events. If they are not a member of the main site, they will not see the Events tab.
Yes - if the Calendar supports assigning custom post types
- Add support for Gutenberg
- Tested with WP 5.0
- Fix bug re the_content filter prevent conflicts in some themes.
- Tweak the_content filter so that it does not conflict with some other plugins.
- Change template loading process. Use filter on the_content rather than load full template. This should be more compat with themes.
- Fix status when Event is restored from Trash, set to 'publish'
- Fix PHP Warning re incorrect function name in filter hook
- fixed bug re timestampSave post_date as the Event Start date so that Calendar plugins can be used
- Added requirement for Google Maps API Key
- tested in WP 4.3
- close the recent XSS vulnerability found in add_query_arg
- fix bug in WP templates filter
- typo in single template filter
- Tested in WP 4.2 & BP 22.214.171.124, tweak subnav creation, replace template_redirect with template_include
- Check if BP is activated
- Use trash hook instead of delete hook for cleanup on Event deletion
- Add multisite support, improved cleanup on trash
- Add file missing from last release.
- Refactored as a component.
- Initial release.
Upload the zip on the Plugins > Add screen in wp-admin
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
Go to Settings -> BP Simple Events and enter your Google Maps API Key. If you don't have a Key - See the FAQ
Shows the front-end Create an Event screen on a member profile
Shows the Dashboard > Settings screen