This BuddyPress plugin replaces the functionality for the Public Message and Private Message buttons on profile pages.
BuddyMessageUX-Free is a BuddyPress plugin.
Default behavior for the buttons is to take you to your own profile - to compose and send messages from there. Why? Why not stay on the profile page you are viewing?
Fortunately, BuddyPress makes it easy to replace the functionality for those buttons. With this plugin you can stay on a profile page and send private or public messages to that member.
This plugin uses the default WordPress 'thickbox' code. If you need...
- the ability to style the overlay
- or prefer the use of ajax
... you might be interested in the premium version here: http://www.philopress.com/products/buddymessageux/
- none yet
- Initial upload
- Tested with WP 4.2
- Tested with WP 4.3
- Adds check for profile page to avoid conflict with Kleo theme
- Upload the 'bp-profile-message-ux' folder to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
The lightbox shown when you click the 'Private Message' button on a profile page.