Optimize WordPress admin navigation with a modal window to search for and navigate directly to WordPress admin pages.
The Admin Command Palette (ACP) is a modal window in the WordPress Admin that live searches admin content, which saves you many clicks and page loads. You can:
- Search for and navigate to user-generated content (Posts, Pages, Users, etc.).
- Search for and navigate to WordPress Admin Pages (All Posts, Add New Post, etc.).
- Perform WordPress Admin actions via the ACP or a keyboard shortcut (Publish, Add Media, View Post, etc.).
This plugin brings about a new level of efficiency to WordPress admin user interactions: it's like the difference between going over a mountain via a pass, versus going through a mountain via a tunnel. The tunnel is always more direct, more efficient, and more straightforward than the pass.
You can customize the plugin settings on the Admin Command Palette settings page in the WordPress Admin. (Settings -> Admin Command Palette)
- Threshold (Default: .3): this determines how closely a search query must match in order to return an item as a result. 0.0 must be a perfect match, 1.0 will match anything.
- Max Results per Section (Default: 5): a max number of results per content type.
- Group Results by Type: Results can be displayed one of two ways. The default is to display results in a flat list, ordered by closest match. Selecting this option displays results grouped by their content type, e.g., all the posts, pages, tags, categories, etc. will be grouped under individual subheadings.
- Included Post Types (Default: none): Select post types from this checkbox group to include them in the search. All registered post types except for navigation menu items are included in this list.
- Included Taxonomies (Default: none): Select taxonomies from this checkbox group to include them in the search. All registered taxonomies are included in this list.
- Clear Content Cache: The data for this plugin is generated and loaded into the page from a cache that gets automatically cleared whenever new content is added. You can use this button to clear the cache manually.
How does the search determine a match?
The live search compares the search term against titles, e.g., a post title, an admin page title, or an admin action title, using the Fuse.js library to find results.
The ACP comes with some built-in keyboard shortcuts to make actions in the WordPress admin easier. You do not need to open the ACP in order to use the shortcuts.
- ␛ - Clear input focus
- ⇧+s - Primary button click
- ⇧+p - Preview
- ⇧+t - Trash
- ⇧+v - Open Post/Page in New Tab
- ⇧+n - Add New Post/Page
- ⇧+f - Set Featured Image
- → - Pagination: next page
- ← - Pagination: previous page
- ⇧+→ - Pagination: last page
- ⇧+← - Pagination: first page
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Use the keyboard shortcut "shift+shift" to activate the search modal window.
- See Frequently Asked Questions for further setup instructions.
The Admin Command Palette in action.
The Admin Command Palette settings page.