Add external media to the media library
Add external media from a supported oEmbed provider (YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, Twitter, ...) to the media library
Does this plugin import the actual external media content into the library?
No, external media attachments just contain URL references to the original resources
How can I show an external media attachment with the specified width and height?
$oembed = new WP_oEmbed(); $oembed_width = get_post_meta( $attachment->ID, '_oembed_width', true ); $oembed_height = get_post_meta( $attachment->ID, '_oembed_height', true ); echo $oembed->get_html( wp_get_attachment_url( $attachment->ID ), array( 'width' => $oembed_width, 'height' => $oembed_height ) );
Why are the width and height settings in some external media attachments being ignored?
Some service providers, such as Twitter and Instagram, have a maximum and minimum allowed width and ignore the height setting completely
- Code refactoring
- Hooking the plugin's enqueue function into "wp_enqueue_media" instead of "admin_enqueue_scripts"
- Use language packs exclusively
- Language filenames updated
- Text domain changed to match the plugin's slug
- Initial release
- Upload the extracted plugin folder and contained files to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the "Plugins" menu in WordPress
Enter the url and size of the external media you'd like to add to the media library here