A field for Advanced Custom Fields which allows users to select Google fonts with advanced options
This plugin allows you to create a Google font selector field with different options. The plugin also creates the font request in the theme header to autoload the fonts if you'd like. Font variants and charsets can be selected separately to make font loading more flexible and optimized.
Font options added to any options page will always be enqueued. Any fonts added to post pages will only be enqueued when that specific post is displayed.
Google API Key
To grab the font list from Google you'll need an API key. This is free and easy to do, take a look at this guide to get an API key.
This ACF field type is compatible with both ACF 4 and ACF 5.
- Added acfgfs/font_dropdown_array filter
- Fixed a faulty font preview mechanism when multiple font options are added
- Fixed an error when web safe fonts were selected
- Updated for WordPress 4.2
- Font previews in the backend
- Added Hungarian translation
- Complete rewritten and better documented
- Uses transients to store fonts
- Better behaviour on font change
- Updated for WordPress 4.1
- Much more efficient font enqueueing
- Separated out common functions: ie: code is better 🙂
- Font requests are now merged properly
- Added field checks and syncing
- Complete rewrite, fonts will need to be set up again
- Font loading is now much better and selectable
- Dropped ACF 3 support
- Added ACF 5 support
- Initial Release.
Installing this plugin automatically is the easiest option. You can install the plugin automatically by going to the plugins section in WordPress and clicking Add New. Type "ACF Google Font Selector" in the search bar and install the plugin by clicking the Install Now button.
- Copy the
acf-google-font-selector-fieldfolder into your
- Activate the Google Font Selector plugin via the plugins admin page
- Create a new field via ACF and select the Role Selector type
- Please refer to the description for more info regarding the field type settings
ACF control for field creation
The user-facing font settings